Congratulations to Jim Allen from Dover, Florida for submitting the winning photo in Alaska Tour & Travel’s 50 Anniversary Photo Contest! Jim’s photo “The Fisherman” captured a Brown Bear successfully fishing midstream at Brooks Falls. It is a fantastic photograph and the subject is one which draws many visitors’ to Alaska dream to experience. Jim and his wife traveled independently to Alaska in June this year, it was their first trip to Alaska. Photography is a hobby of Jim’s, and he has desired to come to Alaska and photograph bears for a long time. They flew into Anchorage, then to Brooks Camp inside Katmai National Park and also visited Talkeetna and Denali among other places before taking a 7-day Princess cruise south to Vancouver. Jim described his experience traveling to Alaska as simply “awesome.” Jim will receive the Sydney Laurence print “Legacy of Alaska” signed by all the living governors of Alaska. Thanks Jim for sending in “The Fisherman”, we’re glad you had a great trip to Alaska.
About Our Blog
Thanks for stopping by our Blog. Alaska Tour & Travel has been helping folks plan their perfect Alaska vacation for over a decade, and we are happy to share some of our favorite places to visit and things to do. Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question, and be sure to also visit our main site at AlaskaTravel.com.
- Alaska Wildlife “Guaranteed” Viewing!
- Top 5 Asked Alaska Travel Questions
- Alaska’s Premier National Park Escorted Tour
- Seward – More than the Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park
- Seward Cruise Port and Transportation
- Anchorage’s Fur Rendezvous Festival
- Great Hikes in Alaska to Explore on Own or with a Guide
- Alaska’s Summer Weather
- What to Pack For Your Vacation to Alaska
- A Trip To Kantishna – Denali Park’s Best Experience
Search This Site